Saturday, December 19, 2015

My First Stitch Fix Box - December 2015


I received my very first Stitch Fix box, and I am so pleased with what was inside! After my husband surprised me with the news of his Christmas gift to me, I was very happy to complete the online style profile and anxiously awaited the shipment. While waiting for my package to arrive, I scoured the Internet to read reviews and view images of what other women were posting about Stitch Fix and their own personal experiences with the process. I read posts by one blogger who wasn't too pleased but for some reason continued her subscriptions just to see what she would get--and she even kept at least one item per shipment. All of the other reviews were positive, and I hungrily read everything I could and looked at all the pictures that were posted. Mostly everyone agreed that, on the first try, you don't normally like everything that is picked for you by your stylist, but that, over time and through your comments and requests, your stylist learns your preferences, and your shipments get better and better each time.

My experience may not be typical, but I have to say that I LOVE EVERY ITEM THAT WAS PICKED AND SENT TO ME IN MY FIRST SHIPMENT! I made sure to carefully complete my style profile, I sent a message to my stylist telling her what fits I preferred and what parts of my body I like to hide, and I attached a link to my Pinterest fashion board where I pinned many, many things that I liked. What she sent me was SPOT ON! I hope, for the sake of my husband's bank account, that not every shipment is this awesome! Here's what I got:

Brand: Margaret M
Style: Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant
Cost: $98.00

My favorite color is purple, but in all honesty, if I'd have seen these pants on a rack, I would have passed right over them. However, since they were included in this package, I had to try them on. This was the best item in the box! Back in my younger days before children, I was a stick--no hips, no waist, just straight. Now that I'm older and overweight, I have an apple shape--I hate it. My waist and stomach are larger than my hips and thighs. It seems to me that this is the most difficult shape to dress. These pants, however, fit perfectly. They look awesome on me! I would never spend this much money on a pair of pants for myself, but if pricey pants normally fit like this, I guess I know now why I have never been happy with the way my clothes fit me. Because it's on my husband's dollar, though, and he said keep whatever I want, this pair of pants is staying! And getting worn often.

Brand: Renee C
Style: Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan
Cost: $58.00

I have to admit that I am a cardigan collector. I have a bunch, and I feel like a woman can never have too many. Had this not been a neutral color, I may have sent it back, but it's grey, and that's the color of the season right now, so I'm adding it to my core wardrobe collection. All of my other cardigans are longer, covering my bottom, but this one stops at my hips in the back. The front is lower, so if I wear a longer shirt beneath it, the undershirt will show from the back. The cost is a little high for my taste, but if all five items in the shipment are kept, there's a 25% discount applied to everything, so it's worth that price I believe.

Brand: 41Hawthorn
Style: Lana Lace Detail Blouse
Cost: $58.00

This is another item I would've passed on in a store. I'm not a big fan of lace, and I'm definitely not a fan of any type of see-through material. This top, however, fits me great--the length is just long enough to cover the muffin tops that I vow to get rid of one day; the color is awesome--it's called "green", but I think it's more of a deep jade that doesn't make me look pasty and washed out; and it has just enough of the lace accent to have interesting detail without being gaudy. I believe this was my husband's favorite item in the box. Plus, it's very versatile: pair it with slacks and a jacket for work or formal wearing; pair it with jeans and flats for a more casual look. It's a keeper!

Brand: Kut from the Kloth
Style: Stefany Printed Slim Straight Leg Pant
Price: $78.00

Of the five items in the bunch, this pair of slacks was the one in question. The waist is a size too big, and the length is about three inches too long for my 5'4" height. I made sure to immediately go to my style profile and make the necessary size adjustments. They fit great through the hips and thighs, though, and the quality is remarkable. Again, I guess when you're willing to pay more, you get more. I was going to send these pants back, but my husband did a closer examination of the invoice, and he realized that keeping them would be more cost efficient than returning them because, with the 25% discount for purchasing all five pieces, we would save $82.50. So, instead of going back, these pants are getting hemmed, and I'm buying a thin, black leather belt. Besides, these look awesome paired with the 41Hawthorn Blouse mentioned above.

Brand: Octavia
Style: Raymond Plaid & Polka Dot Scarf
Cost: $38.00

Lastly, this beautiful scarf was the one accessory sent in my first package. I do have lots of scarves, but they're all pretty cheap, purchased from wholesalers or discount stores. This is the first high-quality scarf I have ever owned. I love it! It's thick, huge, and warm. It's also reversible: burnt orange and navy plaid on one side, navy with the dark orange polka dots on the other. I'm have it wrapped around me like a shawl as I type this, but I plan on wearing it later with some jeans and a white top when I run to the grocery store later. This may become my new casual go-to scarf for cool-day outings (very rare in Louisiana, I know).

So, all in all, the total of this first fix was $330.00, but with the 25% discount for keeping it all, it cost my husband $227.50 for this first installment of this year's Christmas gift that keeps on giving. He told me that, if this was going to be the average cost for keeping everything each month, I can keep it all each time, but I'm sure he's secretly hoping that I don't. I'm sure my available closet space is hoping the same thing. For this first Stitch Fix shipment, though, I am completely pleased and would recommend this to anyone. I did recommend it to several people already, and my sister went home right after and subscribed (thanks, Jen!). So, a huge thanks goes out to my hubby and my new stylist, Jama from Stitch Fix, for this awesome gift! I can't wait until January 11th, the scheduled arrival date for my next fix!

SUBSCRIBE THROUGH MY REFERRAL HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment