Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stitch Fix Box #2 - January 2016



Okay, I do have to admit that, because my first box was amazing, and I kept all five items, I was expecting the second fix would to be just as or even more amazing. I was disappointed, but it wasn't because I didn't like the items that were sent. Had the fits been different for a couple of the items, I would have kept all five again. Style matching is on point. Each piece was definitely something I would wear if they all fit properly. So, here goes...

Brand: Bancroft
Style: Leighton Metal Bauble Necklace
Cost: $34.00
This necklace wasn't bad. I may have worn it with open-front tops or necklaces. I didn't keep it, though. I sent it back. However, had I been keeping all four of the other items, I would have kept this, too, in order to keep the discount for keeping everything. It would have been worth it. Since I was already sending back a couple of other things, I sent this back as well. Just two months ago I dropped more money on jewelry at one Premier Jewelry party than I do in a whole year, so I figured I didn't really need any more necklaces. I did send a note back to my stylist with it, though: "I very rarely buy or wear actual jewelry. I am more apt to keep accessories like scarves, shoes, and bags or purses." So, I'm anxious to see what types of goodies come in Box #3.

Brand: Kut from the Kloth
Style: Kate Boyfriend Jean
Cost: $88.00
These went back. No question. I put them on, and they were too big in the waist, too baggy in the thigh and seat, and way too long. My sixteen-year-old daughter looked at me in them and said, "No way. Those are 'mom jeans', and you're too young to wear 'mom jeans'." Okay, I immediately decided that they go back. The quality of the jean is great. The style is nice. It just wasn't the right fit for me. For a taller, fuller-bottomed gal, they'd be perfect, but I have absolutely no hips. My legs are scrawny. These just did not flatter me at all. I left some very specific feedback with their return, and I'm still hoping for a great pair of jeans.

Brand: Margaret M
Style: Emer Jacquard Print High Waisted Cropped Pant
Cost: $98.00
Kept these. I received a purple pair just like these in my first box and sent the message to my stylist that I loved them and would keep every pair she could find and send me. Apparently she found another pair--even nicer style than the first pair. I love these. They fit perfectly, and they are extremely comfortable. If she sends another pair in the next shipment, I'll probably keep those, too. I just wish she could find a pair of jeans for me that fit in the legs the way these pants do. The price is higher than I would normally spend on pants, but these really are worth the extra cost.

Brand: Renee C
Style: Floren Split Neck Top
Cost: $48.00
This is one item that, had I seen it in the store, I would not have picked it up to try on. I'm not big on printed tops, but having tried this on and getting thumbs up from both my daughter and my husband, I decided to keep it. It's navy, and that color looks pretty good with my fair complexion. It's not extremely long, but it's long enough to cover my tummy that I hate. It's also loose enough to not cling to my midsection. It'll be great with a pair of white pants that I already have.

Brand: Market & Spruce
Style: Sawyer Space Dye Dolman Sleeve Knit Top
Cost: $58.00
I really liked this top. I liked the print and the sleeves. However, it was just slightly too tight. My daughter and husband both said that it looked great on me, but I just wasn't comfortable in it. I was more self-conscious of my tummy than I wanted to be. Plus, all it would take was one accidental run through the drier, and that would be sixty bucks down the drain because it would be too small for me to wear it. So, I packaged it up with the jeans and necklace and sent it back. I did send my stylist a note that I really liked everything about it but the size, so maybe she'll find a larger size and send it. I'd keep it then.

So, all in all, I kept two items--the navy top and the Margaret M pants that I absolutely adore. This fix cost my husband $121.00, so he got off easy this time, I suppose. I am still loving this process and am anxiously awaiting my next box in February. Since Christmas, my sister, my mom, two of my sister's friends, and two of my mom's friends have subscribed to Stitch Fix, and they all love their first boxes. I have seen some videos and blogs that are bashing Stitch Fix for their prices and mark-ups of items that would cost half the price of what they're tagging and sending to us in these boxes, and I just want to add that, yes, these items are more than what I would pay in a department store, but...

1. I am not the one out there in the stores fighting other shoppers.
2. I am trying on clothing items that I would have not ever tried on in a store--and I'm loving them.
3. Because I'm trying on styles that I wouldn't normally like, my eyes are being opened to new fashion options.
4. I now have a personal stylist that listens to and tries to fulfill my requests. And...
5. Having someone else worry about all of those stressful things for me is worth the extra cost. To me, it's really difficult to put a price on the comfort and ease of being able to try on clothes at home.

Even though I only kept two items in this fix, I still highly recommend this process to any woman who can afford it and is too busy to worry about fashionably dressing herself.

Subscribe to Stitch Fix here.

No comments:

Post a Comment